In case you didn’t know, today is my 40th birthday. And I have had a great time with my “40 days of fun” leading up to it. Today is my last post and there were many fun things in my day:
1. Battlestar Galactica (the re-imagined series). I was able to watch an episode of BSG while working out on the elliptical trainer this morning. I love BSG and glad I could list this as one of my fun things. Another TV series that I would list as a tremendous amount of fun (although I didn’t watch it for this round) is Firefly.
2. Going to work. As odd as it may seem I really do enjoy going to work (I have a part-time position at an HR Consulting company). The partners are great people and there’s ample opportunity for chit-chatting and usually a fair amount of laughter mixed in with it. Today was no exception.
3. Hugs from my children. They all gave me hugs for my birthday and this is special to me because two of them are boys and aged 16 & 12. Not everyone’s boys will freely offer their mothers hugs.
4. Birthday supper at Chianti’s. The food was good (and my children were entertaining but not necessarily in a ‘good’ way).
5. Getting presents. I received David’s Tea, a sweater, money, and gift cards for Starbucks and Spa Ahava. Awesome!
6. Enjoying Cherry Cheesecake. This is my favourite cheesecake and it was delicious.
7. Reading a book. The evening was spent relaxing and I was able to read another chapter of “A Year of Biblical Womanhood” by Rachel Held Evans. I’d also like to mention another of my favourite authors, though I did not read her this time around: L.M. Montgomery. I love the “Anne of Green Gables” series as well as “The Story Girl” and I really love her book “The Blue Castle” (it was one of my grandmother’s favourite books).
Thank you to everyone who has followed me on this 40 day journey. It has been an incredibly good and enlightening exercise for me (I’ll post some of my insights at a later day).
As always…have fun!